For those of you in the payer space, congratulations! You just recently put to bed the Open Enrollment for 2019. So, how did it go?
At this early point here in 2020, you might be asking yourself several questions, including:
- What can my company do now to attract new customers for the next Open Enrollment period later this new year?
- What new tools and processes can we implement in the coming weeks and months that will make our internal operations and systems work more efficiently for the next open enrollment period and beyond?
Your 2020 Focus
As you begin to think about attracting new customers for your next Open Enrollment period later this year, it’s important as a payer that you also focus on guiding members along their entire care journey. Offer them a personalized, relevant, and timely marketing experience. And if you focus on those critical member experiences you are guaranteed that you will be delivering overall member satisfaction as well as retention.
Let’s explore some ways you can accomplish those goals.
Attracting New Customers
If you’re like most payers, you invested heavily in digital ads for the next Open Enrollment period in an effort to attract new customers. Use this time now to look at how your company’s ads performed and then make the necessary adjustments for when your ad campaigns will start later this year.
In evaluating your 2019 ad campaigns for 2020 adjustments, keep these Salesforce suggestions in mind:
- Use your current member profiles to model the next ideal member. Create look-a-like audiences based on first-party data, as that can have a massive impact on ad spend for the 2020 Open Enrollment period.
- Consider using a single view of your customers. On average, Salesforce says most marketers use 15 different data sources, yet only 47 percent of marketers say they have a unified view of their customers.
- Target the right people for programs you want to expand. The goal here is to not miss out on reaching your key employer customers because you didn’t set up the right audiences.
- Connect your databases with a data marketing platform (DMP), which can help you quickly identify customers and prospects and personalize content for each audience. This unified view will also help you understand who has already seen your content, so you can maximize your ad budget by making sure they don’t see it again.
AdVic Extra: Watch our recent related webinar: “Connecting Data to Transform Payer-Member Relationships”
The Connected Patient Journey
In 2020, your customers – present and future – expect more from you than just transactional emails, they expect a great brand experience. Just as important as your company’s products and services, the brand experience you offer must differentiate you from your competitors.
So, what have you done to establish a great connected patient journey? You know, those seamless customer experiences that go beyond email and happen across other critical touchpoints including mobile, advertising, the web, direct mail, sales, commerce, and service.
And one often neglected, yet important cog in the connected patient journey wheel is onboarding. The Open Enrollment period provides payers a great opportunity to understand what and does not work in the process. As an example, new members will surely have questions about your offerings and helping through the onboarding process goes a long way to keeping them happy enough to stay with you into the next season.
And don’t forget to re-engage with your existing members with your offerings as part of a continued connected journey. Communicate program changes and give them educational materials to make their healthcare journey even more personal and productive. Doing so helps them to feel confident that they are in the right program.
From attracting new customers to creating and implementing connected patient journeys, Salesforce Marketing Cloud for Healthcare Payers can help you accomplish those strategic goals and more. Want to know more? Ad Victoriam’s consulting team is ready – right now – to help you implement your secure and scalable Salesforce CRM for Healthcare solution. We will make sure you are ready to flawlessly execute throughout the 2020 Open Enrollment season later this year and beyond.